On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 08:51:12AM +0200, Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 18. Juni 2015 um 08:38:28, schrieb Enrico Forestieri
> <for...@lyx.org>
> > On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 02:24:30AM -0400, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> > >
> > > What do you mean? For me M-x does not toggle, it just opens the
> > > mini-buffer. Actually I just tested and if I press it rapidly many times
> > > sometimes I can get it to close the mini-buffer. Yours toggles
> > > perfectly? I wonder if this is because I am using Qt 5.
> >
> > Qt 5 here, and M-x toggles the mini-buffer. More precisely, if the
> > mini-buffer is already open and the cursor is not in it, M-x takes
> > the cursor there and a subsequent M-x closes it.

Enrico, which Qt 5 version are you using? That behavior is exactly the
one that I would like, and the one I'm guessing is intended.

I am using Qt 5.5dev (619984c9, May 9).

> I have the same as Scott. QT5.5, emacs bindings.
> If I press M-x in the mini buffer, I get only 'x'.

Strange, for me nothing happens.

Perhaps the lesson here is that JMarc is right when he mentioned not
trusting the hard-coding.

Scott