Le 24/11/2015 19:58, Christopher Menzel a écrit :
Dear LyX folk,

Quick question — what would it take to get display support for lower
case calligraphic letters, which you can get in your rendered PDF via
a package like BOONDOX-cal. Currently, typing lower case letters
inside a \mathcal tag in math mode generates a seemingly random
selection of symbols. Even just being able to see ordinary lower case
letters, even if not calligraphic, would be preferable. A reasonably
good workaround here is to use instant preview mode, but that's still
less than ideal.

The ideal solution would be to implement support for OTF math fonts in
LyX's buffer view (essentially http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9014).
Originally, showing in LyX the same as computer modern in LaTeX made
sense when the most used fonts used to behave like this. But this time
is long gone. Displaying lowercase letters even if not calligraphic
would be better meanwhile, IMO.

(I notice that the message was sent to both lists. If somebody replies,
I would advise to do so on the general list now that it has been posted
there.)

Just wondering; this is obviously not a major problem but it would be
cool if there was a reasonably easy fix.

Chris Menzel

ps: LyX 2.2alpha with its support for retina displays is amazingly
great! Many thanks to Stephan Witt and the other developers for their
talent and their commitment this truly wonderful and extraordinarily
useful software.