Am Mittwoch, 25. November 2015 um 00:23:32, schrieb Uwe Stöhr <uwesto...@web.de>
> This is a long standing and annoying problem I am facing when compiling
> LyX. When I compile LyX via CMake using "build-install" then
>
> - the compilation of LyX and tex2lyx works fine
> - the files like e.g. the gmo-files are created
> - but after this is done, the files are immediately created again
>
> So this is done always twice:
>
>    Generating qt4_files
>    Generating layouts_files
>    Generating languages_files
>    Generating latexfonts_files
>    Generating encodings_files
>    Generating ui_files
>    Generating external_files
>    Generating formats_files
>    C:/Python27/python.exe D:/LyXGit/Master/po/lyx_pot.py -b
> D:/LyXGit/Master -o D:/LyXGit/Master/compile-result/po/qt4_l10n.pot -t
> qt4 --src_file=D:/LyXGit/Master/compile-result/po/qt4_files....
>
> this is annoying because the .gmo file creation needs some time.
>
> Could anybody point me to the code where this execution is acidentally
> run twice?

There is no such place I were aware of.

We call the macro GETTEXT_CREATE_TRANSLATIONS() which I 'stole' from kde
project and adapted for lyx.
You can find it in development/cmake/modules/FindLyXGettext.cmake.

If you happen to call also the target 'update-gmo', then yes, it is called
again.
(update-gmo creates gmo files in source, while normal creation is done in the
build directory)

And why the creation is slow on windows I don't know.
This does not happen under linux.

> thanks and regards
> Uwe

        Kornel