Le 03/01/2016 11:04, Georg Baum a écrit :
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

Le 01/01/16 18:57, Guillaume Munch a écrit :
Dear list,

Here's the latest version of the patch after discussion during the ML
shortage here: http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9908. As I explained
there, this only affects the display. Jean-Marc, was your comment an
encouragement to push?

Yes , sort of. I cannot tell that it really works, but if it does not,
it would not be too dangerous :)

Really? The amount of code changes is big, and I cannot see from the patch
that it has no influence on the .tex input/output or mathml/xhtml output. If
it can not be 100% guaranteed that only the display is changed then it is
too dangerous IMHO. If only the display is changed then it would be OK (but
only because the current display is quite broken, otherwise it would be too
dangerous as well IMHO).

When you say "the patch", which one of the three are you discussing?

The first one is just refactoring and you should be able to check
function by function that it does not change the meaning (apart from the
addition of the isMutable() check). Of course, I would be happier if it
was not necessary to do this sort of clean-up before working on the code.

For the other two, I was wondering about mathml/xhtml until I realized
that alignment is not implemented at all (I checked by reading the code
too). But, to be extra safe, I can reintroduce the default align and
spacing values to be extra sure that nothing else changes apart from the
display.

Guillaume