*Every*time* I first launch a new version of LyX, something like this happens:

LyX hangs, using about 5K of RAM. Force quit. Relaunch. Lyx stalls with maybe 5
MB RAM but two luatex processes start up. Over a few minutes, they ramp up so
that each consumes 200+ MB and up to nearly 100% CPU usage. (I have two cores.)
The RAM and CPU usage vary somewhat, and take a few minutes to reach those
numbers. I force-quit both luatex and LyX itself. Relaunch. One luatex process
starts, along with LyX which is unresponsive. The luatex process crashes after
a few minutes. I force-quit LyX. Relaunch, and then LyX runs normally.

This has happened for a long time, over several dev and release versions of
LyX. However, this process has always terminated with LyX running successfully.

This just happened with 2.2.0beta2.

Jerry