On Feb 26, 2016, at 8:54 AM, Stephan Witt <st.w...@gmx.net> wrote:

>> Am 26.02.2016 um 16:41 schrieb Guillaume Munch <g...@lyx.org>:
>>
>> Le 26/02/2016 10:08, Jerry a écrit :
>>> I don't know if you could infer that from my previous comments, but
>>> more or less what happens.
>>
>> I could infer, more or less :)
>>
>>> The luatex process starts almost as soon
>>> as I hit Reconfigure. I Quit it (force quit not required) using
>>> Activity Monitor. LyX is unresponsive for about a minute, then the
>>> message
>>>
>>> The system has been reconfigured. You need to restart LyX to make use
>>> of any updated document class specifications.
>>>
>>> appears. At that point, LyX seems to operate normally. Also it
>>> operates normally after quitting and relaunching.
>>
>> This makes me think that we experienced the same issue. I would suggest to
>> make sure that LyX does not call inadvertently the wrong luatex binary from
>> your older texlive 2013 installation.
>
> To achieve this please verify the PATH settings in LyX preferences.
> They don’t have to match the PATH settings in Terminal. But this
> entry defines the PATH environment for external system commands.
>
> Stephan

The PATH prefix in Preferences is

/Library/TeX/texbin:/usr/texbin:/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/opt/local/teTeX/bin:/opt/local/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin

also
$ echo $PATH
/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/X11/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/Applications:/usr/local/ada/bin

Parsing the PATH prefix from Preferences a little...

On my system, I have a /Library/TeX/ *but there is no texbin in it*. However,
it does contain this:
/Library/TeX/.scripts
/Library/TeX/Distributions
/Library/TeX/Documentation
/Library/TeX/Local -> symlink to /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local
/Library/TeX/Root ->  symlink to /usr/local/texlive/2013 which does contain a
bin directory

I have a /usr/texbin which is a symlink to
/usr/local/texlive/2013/bin/x86_64-darwin

I have no /sw/

I have no /opt/local/teTeX/

I have stuff in the remaining paths on this list.

If I remove
/Library/TeX/texbin:/usr/texbin:/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/opt/local/teTeX/bin: from the
front of the PATH prefix and run Reconfigure, it runs in 15-20 seconds. The
first time I saw a luatex instance in Activity Monitor but on subsequent runs
it did not appear--I suppose it's possible that it ran so quickly that Activity
Monitor did not have a chance to show it.

This of course has no effect on running

python -tt "/Applications/Words/LyXOuterFolder/LyX
2.2.0beta2/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/configure.py" --with-version-suffix=-2.2
--binary-dir="/Applications/Words/LyXOuterFolder/LyX
2.2.0beta2/LyX.app/Contents/MacOS/"

from a terminal session which still stays on +Indexing TeX files... for about
34 minutes.

Jerry