On Mar 3, 2016, at 5:34 PM, Guillaume Munch <g...@lyx.org> wrote:

> Le 03/03/2016 23:48, Jerry a écrit :
>> the behavior is the same--Reconfigure
>> runs quickly without and crashing luatex, and the Python command
>> appears to be running very long
>>

> I am not sure I understand.

What I was trying to say is that LyX 2.1 behaves the same as 2.2. 2.1 and 2.2
originally had the same path which I posted earlier and which had some (for my
system) nonsensical stuff at the beginning. You inquired about whether I had
changed the path for 2.1, which I had not. So I tested 2.1 with the original
path (I couldn't find anywhere that I had tested 2.1 with respect to this
problem). 2.1 behaved the same as 2.2 when it had the original path. Then I
shortened the path for 2.1 just as I had for 2.2. Then I re-tested 2.1 and with
the shortened path it behaves the same as 2.2 when its path was shortened. The
testing for both 2.1 and 2.2 involved running Reconfigure and also running each
version's Python script in a terminal.

I hope that is more clear.

Jerry