Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> The patch solves two issues:
>
> 1. gets rid of the issue with the radio buttons that I posted about.
>
> 2. makes room for both the "Outline" and "Settings" tab names to show,
> so there is no clipping and the arrows are not needed (did other people
> see this issue as well or just me?).
> The disadvantage of the patch is that the minimum size required is now
> larger than before. Perhaps some people not as bothered as I was by the

I am sorry to react so late, but you this patch ruins long term effort to
make this pane as thin as possible when needed. I got that trimmed radio
buttons are not nice (I dont see them on my setup, but OK), but the effort
to make both tab names to appear fully make the pane big and we(/me?)
fought against that for a long time. There is even bug in trac about that
and long term flow of semi-successful patches to solve it. Recently
IIRC Uwe figured out way how to solve it in more elegant way.

Now the major point of this panel is to look at its output and not its
preference setting and, to me, the impossibility to shrink the pane
size to something decent while debugging sucks much more than the cosmetic
issues described in its preferences.
I would quite prefer that if you don't touch the minimum room for outline
and output tabs. If you need to fix those radio button for fex pixels that
should be fine though.

Pavel