Richard Heck wrote:

> On 06/30/2016 07:36 PM, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
>> compiling today's 2.2.x branch and master I get this compilation error:
>>
>>   environment.cpp
>> D:\LyXGit\Master\src\support\environment.cpp(73): fatal error C1189:
>> #error:  No environment-setting function has been defined.
>> [D:\LyXGit\Master\compile-2015\src\support\support.vcxproj]
>
> Something has changed in your build system. None of that code has been
> touched for many years.

For master it could also be caused by
http://www.lyx.org/trac/changeset/a71fba47abd20/lyxgit. If that is the case,
then the cmake check for setenv or putenv is not working with MSVC. This
could however not explain why the 2.2 build fails, unless you still switch
between branch and master in one working directory and implicitly re-use
cached cmake config.

Please send CMakeError.log and CMakeOutput.log so that we can fix this.

Georg