Each time I build a number of .gmo-files, like ar.gmo, are generated which takes some time.

Maybe they are build again because there was a warning before?

CUSTOMBUILD : cygwin warning :
 MS-DOS style path detected: C:/LyX/LyX2.3.0-build/po/ar.po
Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/LyX/LyX2.3.0-build/po/ar.po
CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.
Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames

I can turn of the warning using the environment variable but that just gets rid of the messages not the generating process.

Does someone know what that is and whether I can do something about it?

Daniel