On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 03:48:06AM +0100, Guillaume Munch wrote:

> Le 10/09/2016 à 17:29, Enrico Forestieri a écrit :
> > On Fri, Sep 09, 2016 at 12:04:47PM +0200, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
> > >
> > > Tell me how much time you think it will take you. One month?
> > > Two months? Three months? I'll wait for that time.
> >
> > No response and no other nay. So, I am going ahead.
> >

> Hi Enrico,
>
> I think I like the idea of the patch, but also I have the feeling that
> this is the sort of change that will require time for appreciating all
> its consequences.

Granted. I also espect to have to correct something that shows up only
after long testing. I also plan to extend it for accounting for symbols
defined in the unicodesymbols file other than in lib/symbols.

> But, when you call for the opinions of other people on the list, I think
> one day is too short a delay. Maybe waiting one week would have been better.

Apart from the fact that I waited for three days
(http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg196459.html),
experience tells me that who is against a change speaks up immediately.
Then, I am able to work on lyx only sporadically and I can forget or
not find time to work on the thing a week from now. This means that,
possibly, I will not proceed further maybe for another year, except
for emergencies such as crashes.

> Also, I tried the patch in current master, and it crashed. Bisect points
> to 2aa930bbe. See below for a trace.

The patch is the one attached to #9742, updated to current master.
It is more than a year old and it was tested quite extensively by me
at that time. I also did tests after updating it and saw no problem,
but you cannot check every case, of course.

As you know, only showing a backtrace is not much helpful. Please give
steps or test cases for reproducing the crash and I will have a look.

--
Enrico