Am Freitag, 21. April 2017 um 00:47:38, schrieb Scott Kostyshak
<skost...@lyx.org>
> On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 11:48:12PM -0400, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
>
> > > $1 = (const lyx::support::FileName &) @0x3559560: {
> > >   _vptr.FileName = 0x38ca7d0,
> > >   d = 0x0
> > > }
> >
> > What information does this tell you? I guess that 0x38ca7d0 is a memory
> > address of the pointer?
>
> Ah so the idea is that at this point I should realize that it should be
> an actual file name, not a pointer to a file name?

The idea is that d should be a pointer to something 'not zero'.
(According to the class FileName it is
        private:
                Private * const d;
while Private is declared in FileName.cpp:88

but apparently 'd' was never set. (I did not understand why though)
)

> Scott

        Kornel