On 04/26/2017 07:56 AM, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> Why not taking current master and name it Alpha 2? I don't ‎think it is
> important how many alphas we release.
>
> If you don't agree, then let's better wait for the alpha2 you like to
> release.‎ Having a Win version for alpha1 is indeed not very important.

I think the hope was that there not be an alpha 2, but that we go
straight to beta 1. And before we do that, we definitely need testing on
Windows. As you know, we have few developers who use Windows, so we do
not get as much testing there during the development cycle, and Windows
bugs do often emerege at alpha or beta.

The reason to name it alpha1-1 is that it is essentially alpha 1.

So...

> Should I create a branch from alpha1-1 and cherry pick only Kornel's
> fixes?

Yes, that is what I would do: Call it 2.3-alpha1-1 or something like that.

Richard