Am 08.05.2017 um 22:26 schrieb Andrew Parsloe <apars...@clear.net.nz>:

> On 9/05/2017 2:41 a.m., Scott Kostyshak wrote:
>> On Mon, May 08, 2017 at 12:14:02PM +1200, Andrew Parsloe wrote:
>>
>>> On windows 7, alpha1-1, the Open dialogue displays the CWD.
>>
>> For alpha1-1, if you open LyX from the GUI (the Start menu?), and you
>> create a new document, type something, and go to save or save as, where
>> is the location in the dialog? i.e. what is the CWD in this case?
>>
>> Is that experience any different from 2.2.x?
>>
>> Thanks for testing,
>>
>> Scott
>>
> As far as I can tell from brief testing with LyX 2.1.3, 2.2.2, and alpha1-1,
> nothing has changed. Saving a new document in a just-opened LyX offers the
> directory set in Tools > Preferences > Paths > Working Directory, say
> D:/Documents.

The culprit in my case on Mac was the missing entry for document_dir (aka
Working Directory).
If I fill it with the name of my real document directory (e.g.
/Users/stephan/Documents) then
it works for me too. The 2.2.3 LyX doesn’t need that entry in preferences and
uses the platform
specific default value from Qt in this case.

Stephan