Am Sonntag, 16. Juli 2017 um 20:14:21, schrieb Enrico Forestieri
<for...@lyx.org>
> On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 11:46:31AM +0200, Kornel Benko wrote:
> >
> > I implemented it now in cmake build. At first, everything seemed to work.
> > Reconfiguring lyx...
> > Load examples/chessgame.lyx
> >     --> The selected document class Chess requires external files ...
> > Pdf creation is OK though.
> > So the "configure.py" apparently does not honour the lyxrc.dist entry
> > '\texinputs_prefix ".:/usr/local/share/lyx2.3/tex"'
> > but compilation in lyx does (as can be seen in
> > Tools->Preferences...->Paths->TEXINPUTS prefix:)
> >
> > In fact, the entries in clsFiles.lst are missing now.
>
> This is because TeXFiles.py is called without setting TEXINPUTS.
> Moreover, there is also the issue that MikTeX's kpsewhich completely
> ignores TEXINPUTS. However, the attached patch works for me on any
> platform I have access to and with any TeX engine.

Thanks. Your patch is indeed what I was lurking for.
The only drawback is that it does not help to compile exported latex.
OTOH, someone who uses exported .tex files may be expected to be able
to set TEXINPUTS locally too.

        Kornel