Henner Zeller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| Hi,
| For writing my diploma thesis, I remembered the lyx project .. and am now
| using it ;-)

Sure I remember you.

| Maybe I'll have some time to notice usability issues or bugs and fix
| them; what I've seen so far is, that lyx developed great in the last
| couple of years, notably the use of STL containers makes the code more
| readable.

That has been an important goal of the cleanup and development.

| Anyway, I just have a small note: I was curious and looked for memory
| leaks using the LeakTracer by Erwin Andreasen
| (<http://www.andreasen.org/LeakTracer/>) and found some small leaks where
| memory is not freed on exit of the program (which is probably ok,
| depending on mentality) which I fixed if evident. There are several leaks
| in the formula stuff ..

Mathed is currently undergoing massive cleanup, so things like this
will most likely be fixed during that.

| If you are interested, the patch against a current lyx-devel-cvs is at
|
|    <http://stud.fh-heilbronn.de/~zeller/lyx-devel/lyx-memleak.patch>

Ok, I'll handle this one.
(will probably solve most of the memleaks in a different way
shared_ptr or scoped_ptr comes to mind... :-) )

        Lgb