On 2017-08-31, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 11:06:25PM +0200, Guenter Milde wrote:
>> Dear LyX developers,

>> The following patch brings RELEASE_NOTES and UserGuide up to the current
>> state of dash handling in lyx. (The UserGuide was still at 2.1 behaviour.)

> I get the following output:

> $ git am
> /tmp/tmp.ua7NmO0Ljj/0001-Update-documentation-regarding-em--and-en-dashes.patch
> Applying: Update documentation regarding em- and en-dashes.
> .git/rebase-apply/patch:92: trailing whitespace.
>   warning: 39 lines add whitespace errors.
>   Warning: commit message did not conform to UTF-8.
>   You may want to amend it after fixing the message, or set the config
>   variable i18n.commitencoding to the encoding your project uses.
> $

> I think the whitespace errors are normal (from the .lyx files),

Yes, currently LyX leaves a lot of trailing spaces in the source files.
May be an idea to check if they can be safely removed when saving or if
there are side-effects or places where they change the semantics of the
file. (But this is a different topic.)

> but is the "did not confform to UTF-8" message expected? I think as a
> result, the Author name of the commit is mangled.

Thank you for pointing out this problem.
Maybe the author name was mangled before (I don't know the reason) and I
just did not realize it. I'll have to check before the next commit.

Does it work if you replace the "From:" with mi...@lyx.org?
How about the content? OK to commit?

Thanks,
Günter