Stephan Witt wrote:
> What can I do to convert the LyX documents containing inset-info instances
> without ImageMagick?
>
> ATM, LyX seems to have a hard dependency on the ImageMagick tools. On a Mac
> this implies the installation of MacPorts of HomeBrew to get it. To do so one
> has to install Xcode from Apple. That???s a big hurdle and I???d like to
> avoid it and stick to the available command line tools.

The inset-info is just symptom of much bigger problem - without ImageMagick lot
of LyX capabilities with graphics is gone and we should strive to have it
installed by default with lyx. Until this is solved, svgz in inset info is just
tiny issue compared to much bigger one...

If it's not easily possible we should at least make clear to newcomers that lyx
without tex & imagemagick will have lot of problems.

Pavel