Am 11.09.2017 um 14:12 schrieb Pavel Sanda <sa...@lyx.org>:

> Stephan Witt wrote:
>> What can I do to convert the LyX documents containing inset-info instances
>> without ImageMagick?
>>
>> ATM, LyX seems to have a hard dependency on the ImageMagick tools. On a Mac
>> this implies the installation of MacPorts of HomeBrew to get it. To do so
>> one has to install Xcode from Apple. That???s a big hurdle and I???d like to
>> avoid it and stick to the available command line tools.
>
> The inset-info is just symptom of much bigger problem - without ImageMagick
> lot of LyX capabilities with graphics is gone and we should strive to have it
> installed by default with lyx. Until this is solved, svgz in inset info is
> just tiny issue compared to much bigger one...
>
> If it's not easily possible we should at least make clear to newcomers that
> lyx without tex & imagemagick will have lot of problems.

LyX without TeX is a problem. This can be solved by a newcomer by installing
MacTeX. Easy.
LyX without ImageMagick shouldn’t be a problem for a user who is working with
PNG, EPS and PDF images only, IMHO.

To install ImageMagick on a Mac you have to install Xcode and MacPorts (or
HoweBrew) and use the terminal to get a running ImageMagick.

What is the fundamental problem I have without ImageMagick? What graphics
capabilities of LyX do you refer to?

Stephan