Pavel Sanda wrote:
> with current master I have to wait ~3s before the window

And the winner for almost all of 3s goes to saveUISettings
and its ToolbarMap saveSession loop.

Each GuiToolbar::saveSession() takes ~80ms, guess what happens
when we call it 40x...

This is qt5 so it might be that lyx 2.0 speed goes to qt4
qsettings implementation...

When I launch strace on lyx binary I see gazilion of ERR
access to various /home & /etc & ../xgd/ guesses where
LyX.conf actually is, so most likely each QSettings init
triggers repeated file search for LyX.conf, that's where
we get high IO and 80ms per query.
Single instance of QSettings in pimp might help this.

Another funny observation, I see we(qt?) stat /etc/localtime
about 60x times each sec when LyX just idles with no document
open.

Pavel