On Wednesday, 31 January 2018 10.35.08 WET Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Le 31/01/2018 à 11:11, José Abílio Matos a écrit :
> > I am suggesting that
> >
> > format 508 -> .22.lyx
> >
> > format 509 -> .23.lyx
>
> What is the current situation? Is it lyx2lyx that creates the .22.lyx
> names? I could not find it in the sources.

Nope. I searched for it since it was not obvious just like what you found out.

All the format just like .22.lyx, .16.lyx and so on come from file formats that
we introduce:

Preferences -> File Handling -> File Formats

and then we have the rules from lyx to those formats in

Preferences -> File Handling -> Converters

The following is an example from lyx to lyx13:
python -tt $$s/lyx2lyx/lyx2lyx -V 1.3 -o $$o $$i

Note that initially the command line option had the original format passed
there, I changed
(or suggested) to changed those to use the -V option that lyx2lyx knows since
2008. :-)

> > I have it also on my list to do this for other scripts, the obvious
> > choice (taken from sed man page) is:
> >
> > -i[SUFFIX], --in-place[=SUFFIX]
> >
> > edit files in place (makes backup if SUFFIX supplied)
>
> But it would be better to let lyx2lyx figure out the suffix by itself,
> wouldn't it?

That can be done, my point here is that should not be done by default by
lyx2lyx. It could be
triggered by an option like --backup, from lyx point of view it does not matter
since it could
always pass that option when calling lyx2lyx.

> > > José, are you reading this?
> >
> > This is one of the issues that I had in my list for 2.4, with an eye to
> > backport it for 2.3.
>
> Thanks
>
> JMarc

:-)