On 1/03/2018 10:25 p.m., Pavel Sanda wrote:
Pavel Sanda wrote:
Richard Heck wrote:
 From our side only one change in release process is needed -
creating torrent and putting on ftp next to other binaries (and .sig
file for security purpose). And perhaps one section in on Download
page, I'll take care of this one.

Richard(/Scott?) would it be doable for you to just add this one step
on top of what you currently do while releasing?
No problem for me, but I'd need instructions.
Richard, I expanded the web of our mirrors so we reach all major regions
across the globe -- at this moment I don't think we need torrents.
Let's see how stable in time the mirroring web will be...

Pavel
As an experiment I tried the AARnet (Australia) mirror which is the nearest to New Zealand. It gave me a download speed of 2 MB/s which is better than the previous fastest for me, UCSD at 1.4 MB/s.

Andrew

---