On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 03:12:26AM +0000, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 06:23:31AM +0000, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
>
> > I think (and I actually propose herewith) that we should release LyX 2.3.0
> > now, without the Windows installer.
>
> I agree. I will remove the Windows binaries from the FTP, and announce
> 2.3.0 on Friday.

For the announce email I'm currently planning to put something like the
following:

  Unfortunately, official Windows binaries are not available at this
  time.

This hints at the following:

  1. unofficial Windows binaries might be available if users want them.
  2. "at this time" reflects my hope that we will be able to upload them
     at a later time.

Scott