Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> I've uploaded the zip file with Uwe's Windows dependencies (Python, etc)
> to here
>
>     http://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/devel/win_deps/lyx-windows-deps-msvc2015.zip
>
> Others should be able to build our installers on Windows, and you need
> this stuff to do so. We will need to keep this up to date somehow.
>
> Right now, my question is about licensing. There's a licence statement at
>
>     development/Win32/packaging/installer/license.rtf
>
> that gets included in the Windows release, but the zip file itself does
> not seem to contain any sort of license statements. By putting it on our
> website (and by Uwe's putting it where he had it before), we are
> presumably 'redistributing' quite a lot of stuff.

I do not think it's anything new, we used to have earlier versions of this zip
since it's creation by Joost on ftp already; I'm not even sure when/why those
earlier got deleted from there.

> I'm afraid I'm fairly ignorant about such things. Could someone else
> volunteer to have a look at what's included in that zip file and figure
> out what we need to include ourselves in order to be doing things right?

Maybe put link to development/Win32/packaging/installer/license.rtf
into the same directory as if the zip file?

Pavel