On 22/07/2018 20:29, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 22/07/2018 à 18:59, Daniel a écrit :
But I am a bit lost. You state the widths above as em fractions but say that the values are integers. Do you mean that the list of widths widths above are as defined in the booktab package but you are using integer values to set the line width in LyX?

The em values are indeed what booktabs defines. However, they all correspond to <1 pixel values except when dpi is very high. So I have hardcoded to 2 pixels for heavy and 1 pixel for thin. A reason for not taking dpi into account is that no everybody agree that  lines should become thicker with zoom.

Okay, got it. And using 3 pixel for heavy, 1 pixel for thin, and 2 pixel for medium doesn't look good? A reason to even trade-off some of the good looks is that having only partly a distinction between different lines might be misleading.

Daniel