On 23/07/2018 15:09, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 23/07/2018 à 10:16, Daniel a écrit :
Okay, got it. And using 3 pixel for heavy, 1 pixel for thin, and 2 pixel for medium doesn't look good? A reason to even trade-off some of the good looks is that having only partly a distinction between different lines might be misleading.

With 3 pixels for heavy, I will have to take the width into account in table cells height computation, while I have conveniently decided to ignore it for now :)

Why is it that you would have to take it into account? So far zooming keeps the cell padding (emprty space around cell content) fixes. So nothing would overlap or so.

Note that the distinction between \midrule and \cmidrule is kind if obvious since one of them does not cover all columns. We ar esomewher ein the middle between WYSYWYG and WYSYWIM here. I just want to convey what a booktab look like.

Me too. But it would be nice to have a visual cue when a rule width changes. It's not so obvious, I think.

I could set the width of cmidrule to 0, with would be the same as 1 for normal screens and a barely visible one-real-pixel wide line on Mac Retina.

Yes, barely visible does not sound good. Strange that there is no in between 1 and 2 for HiDPI displays. Well, would only solve the "problem" for those diaplys anyway.

Daniel