Le 01/10/2018 à 17:28, Richard Kimberly Heck a écrit :
On 10/1/18 4:02 AM, Jean-Pierre Chrétien wrote:
Le 01/10/2018 à 03:05, Richard Kimberly Heck a écrit :
[...]

I take it that the reason to have versioned user directories is so
people can have parallel installations of 2.2 and 2.3, say. But you can
still do that, of course, by manually setting the user directory. How
many people do that anyway on Windows?

With TL on Linux, there are two local directories : one with admin
privileges (texmf-local) independent of the version and one personal
(~/.texlivexxxx where xxxx is the version number). Note the the first
one requires admin action when TL is updated, for e.g. font management.

I meant LyX's user directory, which on Linux defaults to ~/.lyx/. On
Windows, it would be something like
c:\Users\andrew\AppData\Roaming\LyX2.3\, at the moment. Note the use of
the version number.

You're right, I was mixing things up as I always install a versioned version of lyx here on Linux (using --with-version-suffix) for translation needs, and links /usr/bin/lyx and friends to the version I currently use for production (mostly letters nowadays).

--
Jean-Pierre