On 3/1/19 12:46 AM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 11:27:06PM -0500, Paul A. Rubin wrote:
On 2/28/19 9:24 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 05:03:45PM -0500, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

I don't see anything like this in the bug tracker. Any suggestions on
something I can test here? Should I file a bug report?
As JMarc mentioned on the lyx-users thread, are there any differences in
preferences?

Scott
I can't find a switch for using native dialogs in the Tools > Preferences...
I don't think it is accessible from the GUI (but not sure of that
claim).

dialog, and I can't find any reference to it in any file in either
/usr/share/lyx or ~/.lyx (including subdirectories). Any suggestions where I
should look?
You don't need to look here, but this is the commit that introduced it:

   af795b80

Is this in 2.3.2? (FWIW, the version I have lists the build
date as 12/08/18.)
Yes the setting does apply for 2.3.x

You can just test with the following added to your preferences file:

   \use_native_filedialog false

and also try with

   \use_native_filedialog true

Any difference in behavior regarding this bug, between those two?

By the way, is the bug 100% reproducible on the system that has it? Can
you see *any* .tex files? Does it depend on the directory you're in?

I just tested but can't reproduce.

Scott
I have no idea if this makes a difference, but just in case it triggers a thought: my desktop (where the issue never manifests) has Qt 4.8.7 and 5.5.1 installed; my laptop (where the problem manifests if I do not override the native dialog setting) has Qt 4.8.7 and 5.9.5. LyX uses 4.8.7 on both machines (or so it claims), so I would not think the Qt 5 version would make a difference ... but lacking a rational explanation for the difference in behaviors, who knows?

Also, is there any place where a Qt configuration file would be stored that would explain why the native true/false thing has no impact on my desktop but a big impact on my laptop? (All I know about Qt is the spelling.)

Paul