On 10/17/21 05:34, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Am Samstag, dem 16.10.2021 um 12:30 -0400 schrieb Richard Kimberly
Heck:
As I tried to explain this is not due to preamble edits per se,
but due
to doing any change in document preferences. As biber is not
available,
it cannot be (re-)selected in settings. All we could do about
that is
issue a warning.
I think this would be an adequate solution.
The attached patches implement a better solution:

* LyX does _not_ change document settings silently. Rather than that,
it keeps the current setting but indicates it is not available, like we
do for document classes, e.g. "biber (not available)". This prevents
unwanted changes on document sharing (patch 0002).

I was going to suggest this, but didn't want to create more work for you!

Riki