Am Dienstag, dem 02.11.2021 um 15:40 +0100 schrieb Jean-Marc
Lasgouttes:
> Why do you want to inherit anything for the footnote? OK, it turns
> out that using \normalfont (as \footnotetext does) resets everything
> but the font size (I believe), but footnote does reset the font
> completely.

With inheritFont() == false, we end up in unnecessary font switches at
footnote start, e.g. \footnote{\normalsize text ...} in section
headings (see Scott's example), and I want to avoid that.

With inheritFont() == true, these switches are gone (as it should be),
but the font in the workarea is wrong.

resetsFontEdit() (layout's ResetsFont) does not help here, it does
something different (don't ask me, what).

If we are stuck with the current choices, I'd rather prefer wrong
workarea font that cluttered LaTeX output.

Jürgen