On Sunday, 5 December 2021 17.43.30 WET Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> > 3. LyX's configure should not assume 'python' command exists.
> > (https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=mid&q=20210215004347.vha7nygqpd6g5h
> > 5q%40tallinn)
> I've asked Pavel to create a wiki to-do list. Or you can do it.  All
> such things can be added.
>
> This last one seems very important, actually.

I already had this problem more than 3 years ago but it was masked because at
that time /usr/bin/python was pointing to python2. And then /usr/bin/python
was removed from Fedora.

Now it has returned as an optional package that points to the latest 3.x
version (with x==10 in Fedora 35).

python-unversioned-command

In any case the proposed solutions should be implemented. :-)
--
José Abílio