>>> "SW" == Stephan Witt <st.w...@gmx.net> writes:

> Am 19.03.2022 um 09:04 schrieb Uwe Brauer <o...@mat.ucm.es>:
>> Hi
>>
>> I usually run LyX on Ubuntu, but I gave a MacOS laptop a try, so I
>> downloaded it from
>> https://www.lyx.org/Download#toc4

> There are two binaries. Did you try both?

Ah, I only saw one : LyX-2.3.6.2+qt5-12-x86_64-cocoa.dmg, a
the other is supposed for older systems (and 10.15 is not that old but well I
can give it a try)

>> installed  and started it.
>>
>> The usually blocking message appeared (this is a 3rd pkg app) so I gave
>> permission to open it and it died unexpectedly.

> Sorry for that, I’m afraid it’s not tested with Catalina. (I’m running Mojave
> because of depending on 32-bit apps.)

I see, mine was shipped with 10.15 and I did not upgrade because I am
using fink (hm I have to see whether fink ships lyx, but most likely it
will be older)

>> A long log popped up to be sent to Apple.
>>
>> At this point I have to ask you.
>> Is this a bug of sorts, and can it be resolved or
>> is this not known and I shall sent a bug report?

> It would be handy to have the crash report. Please send me a mail with it or
> create a ticket in LyX bug tracker and attach it.

Ok I will first some  more testing and then if it does not help I send
you the report.

Uwe