Le 05/09/2022 à 12:26, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :
Do as you see fit.

I did, but I have more questions now.

PS: I realize that I should have read tickets #12182 and #12187 before posting point 3/. I do not want to initiate an endless discussion about these things :) It is just that I noticed this while looking at the statistics thing.

1/ the word/char checkboxes, would "Count Words" be clearer than "Word Count" ? (I think about themes where checkbox is not visible when off)

2/ we have to settle on wording:
    statusbar:         Characters (No Blanks)
    statusbar menu:    Character Count (Without Blanks)
    statistics dialog: %1$d characters (excluding blanks)

   So, native English speakers, what is the right way to convey that we do not count blanks?

3/ The contextual menu is a weird merge of what LibreOffice and MS Office do:   * LO: each element has its menu, the zoom menu has example values to set (fit width, fit page, 50%, 75%, etc.), no way to tell which statistics should be there   * MSO: only one menu with checkboxes to indicate which elements should be shown, no way to tell which statistics should be there, no way to set zoom from menu   * LyX one menu that does both selection of elements and zooming, zoom in/out and reset to default (main use IMO is to learn shortcuts), weird-looking precomputed zoom values

I understand that splitting the menu would make zoom menu unavailable when both count and slider are off; some solution would be needed if splitting the menus. OTOH I am not sure that the zoom menu is useful, except maybe for the reset to default, which is not available via a mouse click. In this respect, I like the Firefox approach, where clicking on the zoom indicator resets zoom to default.

So as you can see, lots of small questions.