> I think Lars is already bored with saying that he doesn't want any such
> code in LyX proper right now,

I do hope he is ;-)

> so this whole embedding stuff is to be delayed, it will be pretty hard
> to maintain such a thing without having it in CVS.
>
> Lars, will you make a concession to accept the embedding code into a
> branch? It might be better anyhow to work this out in a branch rather
> than on the trunk.

Once started it should not affect "trunk code" much. So it should not be
too hard to do it on the main trunk once everything else is done *cough*,
1.2 is out, and so on.

Starting a branch right now would probably mean making the language
decision _now_ and that is something I oppose.

Preliminary necessary stuff like finding some naming scheme for the
required low level LyXFunc stuff do not need a branch either, and I'd
doubt that the corresponding implementation is worth the branching either.

So my prefered road map would be to get current CVS stable (mathed is
certainly not yet ripe for 1.2), get 1.2 out, take a breath, put on the
asbestos suits, and than start with language specific work...

Andre'

--