On Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 09:16:37PM +0200, Dan wrote:
> > I have three suggestions.
> >  1. Tools > Preferences > Document Handling > Display single close-tab
> > button. The tooltip states that, if checked, a single close-tab button will
> > appear on the "left corner", but it actually appears on the far right of
> > the tabbar (see attached images).

This one is fixed.

> >  2. Some command line options do not work properly (type "lyx --help" in a
> > terminal). Try, for instance, issuing twice this command in the terminal
> > (with an already existing LyX file) "lyx -v -f none -E lyxgz test
> > my-existing-file.lyx"
> >   ?? option "-f none", not actually working, it still overwrites the output
> > file if it exists.
> >   ?? option "-E" not working either, it ignores the second argument (output
> > filename).

Seems specific for lyxgz; not saying it's not a bug but a very corner case.
Willing to commit working patch, but I am not going to spend my time on it.

> >  3. Honestly I would change the "Show Changes in output" strings (related
> > to change tracking), which I think are not clear enough (see thread
> > http://lists.lyx.org/pipermail/lyx-devel/2023-September/010662.html).

Not goint to rally for this one.

>  4. When introducing a dynamic text field (Insert > Field), the tooltip
> explaining how to use placeholders to set a custom fixed time says "01-23 in
> AM/PM", twice. This, obviously does not make any sense, as AM/PM is just for
> 00-11 hours.

This one is fixed.

>  5. The string "Table" appears in quite some contexts that are contradicting:
> in some it really means Table, while in others it actually means "Tabular".
> Remember that Table/Tabular are related in the same way Figure/Image do,
> although LyX kind of ignores that (LaTeX does not). This makes it impossible
> to translate that word without introducing inconsistencies (see the attached
> image).

I don't have strong opinion, but not seeing others responding it's maybe trying
to be too strict. Admittedly I never really distinguished these two, OTOH if
LaTeX distinguishes it, we should perhaps too...

Pavel