Le 27/02/2024 à 14:46, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :
Le 26/02/2024 à 17:44, Jean-Pierre Chrétien a écrit :
Le 26/02/2024 à 16:14, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :

Now I have to understand why it crashes.

I tried in a fresh lyx file with a single table. LyX crashes with the same trace as the one I posted previously, I guess that you can reproduce.

Indeed, I see the crash too. But it is still mysterious.

I finally fixed it. The inset was not inserted (because it is actually not allowed) but LyX still tried to put the cursor inside this new inset.

Question is now: why is inserting a macro definition in a table cell forbidden? Archaeology research shows that it was inserted by Stefan Schimanski in the commit below, but I see no reason for it.

JMarc

commit 36dbec45069bf3d9db923200835e44f44d904eb8
Author: Stefan Schimanski <s...@lyx.org>
Date:   Fri Dec 21 20:42:46 2007 +0000

    * Lazy MathData to avoid unneeded interpretation of macro definitions
    * DocIterator as MacroPosition
    * Iterative search for macro in scope until a visible one is found.
    This include the ability to resolve macro inside nested text insets.
    * Speed up macro lookups by factor 2: only getMacro(name) call, no
    further hasMacro(name) call before
    * Both way child/master support
    * Correct macro scope for multi-paragraph environments
    * Correct macro scope for multi-depth-paragraphs
    * Buffer::updateMacros made const
    * Update macros when loaded (of master and child)
    * Do not remove too many braces when unfolding a macro. This could
    lead to a data loss because the relationship between arguments of
    macros can be mixed up if nested macros are unfold at once.
    * Reduce dependencies to MetricsInfo in MathMacro
    * Update macros when needed. Normally it's done just before doing
    metrics. But in cases without a brace around some constructs (like
    \left(bla\right)) there is some help needed.