On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Angus Leeming wrote:
> I believe that the NATBIB branch is now in a fit state to merge back into
> head. This is now your final chance to try it out before I completely screw
> up the CVS head by rolling the branch back in ;-)

Woo hoo!!! Yes! Grabbed it, compiled it, already playing with it - even
though I should go to bed since I just finished observing all night and
need to get up in 6 hours to start all over again. The natbib stuff is
working great. Great job, Angus!

That said, I want to gripe about the 666 insets, since this is the first
I've seen them. I don't care what goes on under the hood, but I want them
to look and behave like the old ERT. I was playing around with converting
a paper I had written. If a bit of ERT appeared midsentence (e.g. I often
insert \microns, rather than doing the $\mu$m equivalent), the line before
it was justified fully left to right: if there were only 3 words on the
line, one would be on the left, one dead center, the third on the right
margin. It looks TERRIBLE! Furthermore, instead of aiding reading, a
sentence like

We observed the source at 10 \microns, whenever the weather was good

shows up as

We observed the source at 10
666
       \microns
, whenever the weather was good

This is not a stunning example of WYSIWYM. Please, please, (Lars?) change
the appearance back to the old behavior!!!

I still like the natbib though!!!

Mike

--
Mike Ressler