Hi All,

I have updated/documented quite a bit my Perl script to automate producing
PostScript, PDF and HTML from a Latex or Lyx source file. I've tested it a
fair bit and it seems to be working well (famous last words), to the point
where I've replaced the normal calls to pdflatex and latex2html with it in
my Converters dialog.

Its whole purpose is to work around the quirks of pdflatex and latex2html
to be a bit more robust and convenient.

There is now full documentation and an installation makefile, so it should
be usable by non-coders.

I know it still chokes on very complex files (Thomas...) but some of those
problems seem to be things that kill latex2html or pdflatex themselves.

I've put up a bare bones web page for it at
http://www-hep.colorado.edu/~fperez/lyxport

I post this to both lists b/c I think it may be useful to others, and it
can certainly use more testing and bugfixing by more brains than mine. All
comments and suggestions are welcome, as well as code with improvements.

Jean-Marc, you are welcome to include the latest version from the web page
in lyx/contrib if you find it good enough for general use.

The code is GPL.

Cheers,

Fernando

PS: Please cc your replies to me or to lyx-users, as I'm not subscribed to
lyx-devel (though I read the archives).