Am Mittwoch, 25. Juli 2001 18:08 schrieb Herbert Voss:
> > Dekel> Maybe mention that it is now possible to put footnotes
> > inside Dekel> tables (we still have the problem of what to do in
> > that case).
> >
> > We should probably think more about this feature before announcing
> > it.
>
> yes, because footnotes in table-floats make no sense!
> and where shall they appear? under the table, inside a float?
> on the bottom of the page, like others? ...

I think Dekel is talking about footnotes in tables _outside_ floats
here. We have discussed this some days ago. LaTeX inserts a footnote
number but no footnote in this case, but with two lines in the
preamble, the footnote text appears at the bottom of the page.
You're right: Floats and Footnotes together make no sense, but why not
having a footnote in a fixed table?

Jürgen