On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Herbert Voss wrote:
> yes, because footnotes in table-floats make no sense!
> and where shall they appear? under the table, inside a float?
> on the bottom of the page, like others? ...

I disagree somewhat strongly - footnotes to table-floats (or endnotes as
they are more properly called) are used all the time (in astronomical
journals, at least), and they appear under the table, inside the float :-)
The AASTeX package (for which I created a LyX layout) actually defines
\tablenotemark and \tablenotetext commands to deal with this in a sane
fashion. I expect LyX could create a similar functionality.

Mike

--
Mike Ressler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]