Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

> Herbert Voss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> | Dekel Tsur wrote:

> | > This is a (small) problem: if the user had \usepackage[bottom]{footmisc} in
> | > the preamble, then adding \usepackage[stable]{footmisc} to the preamble will
> | > generate an error.
> |
> | that's what I wanted to say ... ;-)
>
> That is because the proper sulution is to make real support for
> footmisc, not some hidden magical support that happens to be included
> if you do something special.

my idea is to support ALL locally installed style packages.
this may be important for the user, because he never knows
what packages are on his local tex-system (647 on my own!)
my problem is, that I'm not familiar with c++. so I tried
to write at first a small shell-script to create a file with

- stylefile with full path
  -- all availabe options

for example (extract from the file):
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/misc/footmisc.sty
     1  \DeclareOption{symbol}
     2  \DeclareOption{symbol*}
     3  \DeclareOption{para}
     4  \DeclareOption{perpage}
     5  \DeclareOption{bottom}
     6  \DeclareOption{marginal}
     7  \DeclareOption{flushmargin}
     8  \DeclareOption{norule}
     9  \DeclareOption{splitrule}
    10  \DeclareOption{stable}
    11  \DeclareOption{multiple}

with this file I'm able to make a gui for user-controlled
style-files for general use and optional buttons, so the
gui -- maybe lyx ;-) --
can insert the \usepackage[options]{stylefile} in the
preamble. I can do this with java but not with c++ ...
so it will be only for my personal use

if someone is interested in the script for further developping,
let me know. at this point there are some minor problems
with the script. maybe that this idea is the whole nonsense
because it's only three days old, than let it be ... :-)

Herbert

--
http://www.educat.hu-berlin.de/~voss/lyx/