Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

>Ben Stanley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>| I still need to get the proper DepTable patch out. The patch that is
>| currently in 1.2 is b0rken.
>
>explain.

Hmmm... I have a new implementation which keeps an old and a new mtime,
and checks that before checking the old and new crcs (and possibly
re-calculating crcs)... but now that I think about it again, I shouldn't
need to keep two mtimes.

However, the version currently in 1.2 writes the 3 numbers to the
deptable, which is incompatible with previous behaviour which
writes/reads only 2. This needs to be fixed at the very least - my new
patch stores only 2 and 'does the right thing' when presented with an
old file, and causes the old implementation to DTRT when presented with
a new style file.

And the version in 1.2 doesn't behave correctly when it finds a file
who's mtime has changed. It doesn't shuffle the crc value from second to
first before overwriting it with the new value (in update()). This
causes excessive LaTeX runs.

I have now written something for 1.2 which keeps only one mtime; I'd
better test before posting.

Ben