Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| Lars> At least with Gcc 3.1 the difference is not great.
>
| Thanks for doing it. I could not find the time yesterday. The
| difference is still great with gcc 2.9x. And gcc 3.1 is not released
| yet :)

I haven't gcc 3.0 installed anymore, but that is also pretty good, but
3.1. is a lot better. And this will most likely continue. gcc will get
better and better and we cannot reap the full benefits since we stay
with lyxstring...

| I think that lyxstring is really better for our needs than
| std::string. The fact that STL authors try to force us to use
| std::string is a different matter :)

Because of the asserts?

| Hmm, I'll have to think again about this stringstream port, since it
| would make the code much less painful.

but only for stringstream, what about all other api's that use
std::string?

--
        Lgb