Lars> Juergen Vigna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Lars> | On 05-Apr-2002 Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

>>> Yes, in part. Having control over this is good. And the compile
>>> time factor is pretty important too on my p2-366/128M laptop I use
>>> here (of course, it is less annoying on my p4-1.7G at home...).

Lars> | Well to tell you the truth I gave up working at home on lyx.
Lars> It takes too | long to compile the sources on my P3-450/256M.
Lars> When I have 1 hour of time | to do something, cvs update make
Lars> takes 40 minutes well and on the 20 mins | left I have time to
Lars> open 2 source files!

Lars> This is a result of us having too large classes and too large
Lars> include files. This then results in too much needing a recompile
Lars> almost always...

And do you really think there is a possiblity to really lower these
times (knowing that bloat will have a positive drift in the same
timeframe)?