On Tuesday 23 April 2002 10:23 am, Herbert Voss wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Angus Leeming wrote:
> > I haven't tried your patch, Herbert, but it won't fix the problem. Kornel
> > is unable to display the image in LyX, not the LaTeX output.
>
> I know, but the problem is that LyX does not use two
> different files in two different tempdirs. If I
> copy first the original file into the rempdir,
> it should work, like the patch from yetserday.

Why? Once the image is loaded into memory it doesn't care about any file. The
problem MUST be that the image is deleted from memory prematurely. The
problem is, I don't understand why, as eash image (GraphicsCacheItem) stores
a list of all insets referencing it. Only when this list is empty is the
image (GraphicsCacheItem) deleted.

Angus