On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 09:18:02AM -0500, Dr. Richard E. Hawkins wrote:
> > But that would still mean you need approval of all contributors to change
> > the licence, wouldn't it?
>
> No.  Permission was never obtained to switch to the current purported
> license.  Lyx has always had a big hole in the GPL that allows this, and
> the hole cannot be fixed without permission of all contributors.

So what do you think is the current valid license?

GPL? (probably not)
GPL with "may be linked to xforms"?
GPL with "may be linked to whatever"?
LGPL?
Something entirely different?

Of course I remember your complaints a while ago, but I was not too
interested in licensing issues back than. So I remember you said something,
but not what. Pointer to archive perhaps?

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)