Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Angus> Good. Note that this focus thing is not confined to the Mac.
Angus> The change worked also under linux. I take it that qt 3.3.x
Angus> does the right thing for all supported OSes?

Did you notice a difference with your patch? I did not see any.

Yes. I followed the prescription outlined in the bug report. Without the patch, keyboard input went to the lyx screen. With the patch, it went to the index dialog.

I've tried the patch on LyX/Mac. While it doesn't seem to affect the focus issue (which, as Jean-Marc noted, is not a problem with qt-3.3.x), it does change dialogs to be always on top -- to be modal -- which is not desirable on the Mac, at least.

Bennett