Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

> Georg Baum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> writes:
> This is a wrapper...

Yes, it was a misunderstanding, I was thinking you suggested a wrapper
around the wrapper, and I could not see why we want two wrappers ;-)

> is formatlist a member of something, or a global var?

It is a member of the Formats class. As I wrote in my earlier message, we
could exchange this with a free function if we used the global variable
formats. My reason to put it in the class was that we have two global
variables: formats and systemformats. With the member function we can
choose the correct one (although at the moment we use only formats), we
can't do that with the freestanding function.
Do you still prefer the freestanding solution? I am happy with both.

> This looks wrong...

Indeed. Leftover from something I was playing around with.

Georg