Asger Alstrup wrote:

When I run it, it finds out that I lack LaTeX,

Was this correct? I mean was LaTeX installed at this time or not. If it was installed, could you send me the registry path of your distribution where it stores the path to the latex.exe. At the moment the installer searches only for MiKTeX. We should also support fpTeX.

> but it does not display
any link or other information about where I can get it. See attached.

Thanks for the bug report. The actual version:

http://fkurth.de/uwest/LyX/Installer/lyx_setup_136proposal-v14.exe

fixes this. It also reintroduced the feature that the installer waits until the configuration script is ready. But I still disable the "Launch LyX" option in the finish page. Because if one uses it, LyX appears always in english. First if you restart LyX it will be in the chosen language. Has anybody an idea why this happens. Angus?

Clicking next just exits the installer.

I know this is confusing. I want to change the button text to "Finish" or "End" or better make it invisible/disabled. But I don't know how to do this.
That the installer exits is correct.

thanks and regards
Uwe