Lars Gullik Bjønnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> | I did a diff of my cvs lyx-devel and the new svn one. There are a
> | couple of minor problems:
> |
> | *** in build_lyxwin.sh a ^M has been replaced with ^J. This code may
> |     not be useful anymore with svn under windows.

The script doesn't know anything about version control. It builds the
checked-out sources into a LyX executable.

> | -- cvs/development/Win32/packaging/build_lyxwin.sh
> | +++ lyx-devel/development/Win32/packaging/build_lyxwin.sh
> |         # The configure script will be unable to create config.h if it
> |         # contains Win32-style line endings.
> |         rm -f configure.ac
> | -       sed 's/^M$//' config/configure.ac > configure.ac.$$
> | +       sed 's/
> | +$//' config/configure.ac > configure.ac.$$
> |         cmp -s config/configure.ac configure.ac.$$ && {
> |             rm -f configure.ac.$$
> |         } || {

We needed (something like) this because CVS imports text files from the
repository and gives them Windows line endings (\r\n) by default. However,
autoconf gets horribly confused by the \r\n line ending, so we must convert to
unix-style \n line endings. There's a tool, dos2unix.exe that does this and lots
more; I was worried by the lots more (changes character encoding too, among
other things). Also it isn't a standard MSYS tool.

> This is a but in the sed script! Controlchars should never be present
> in text files. Just exchange it for '\r'

Sorry, but in general you're wrong. '\r' is not portable among different seds.
However, in this specific case, you're probably right. Of course, you'll get a
Windows user to test the change, right?

> | *** The file INSTALL.OS2 is missing
> Hmm... strange. So it should be re-added then.

I thought we killed this file in the 1.4.x repository?

Angus